Monday, January 6, 2014

Who is the Parampita of Aam Aadmi Arvind Kejriwal?

The day Arvind Kejriwal took oath as the Chief Minister of Delhi at the Ramlila Maidan, I was watching the event in TV.

In Arvind's speech I heard the word Parampita and it stirred something within me. I have watched many Christian programs in the SHUBHSANDESH TV channel and I don't remember any one using the word Parampita in those programs. The only place I am sure that I have heard the word Parampita is in the popular Christian Song "Parampita ki hum stuti gayen". If you have not heard that song you can click on the following video to listen to that song.


Later on when I read about the event I noticed that Arvind thanked God "Parampita Parmeshwar, Parmatma, Ishwar, Allah and Wahe Guru". That got me thinking. Is the Parampita that Arvind mentioned and the Parampita that I am thinking of, are they the same or are they different? After doing some Google search I am now convinced that they are different. Arvind was referring to "Parampita Parmeshwar" and I was thinking of the "Parampita" worshiped in the song that I have mentioned.

I have no way of knowing the mind of Arvind Kejriwal. So I have no way of knowing if Arvind used the word Parampita to refer to the God of the Bible or some other God. In the initial stage I thought that Arvind was referring to the God of the Bible since he covered the Gods of many religions. The results of Google Search on "Parampita Parmeshwar" points to many different sects and none of them point to the God of the Bible.

Since I don't know who is the Parampita of Arvind, I was wondering do I have a definite idea about my Parampita. The first stanza of the above song states:

Parampita ki hum stuti gayen
woh hi jo bachata hamein
saare papo'n ko karta kshama
saare rogo'n ko karta changa

This stanza gives three attributes of Parampita. He saves us (from what?), He forgives us of all our sins and He heals us from all our diseases. Of this, only the second attribute is more important to the primary cause of Arvind Kejriwal, in that of fighting corruption.

What is corruption? When I looked at Wikipedia I found this definition. In philosophical, theological, or moral discussions, corruption is spiritual or moral impurity or deviation from an ideal. So corruption originates in the spiritual or moral part of the human being. So if corruption is to be contained then it must be contained in the spiritual or the moral part of the human being.

That is why I believe that corruption cannot be contained unless people change from the inside. No amount of punishment is going to deter corruption if people do not change from the inside.

In the world's scheme of things the corrupt are punished according to the law of the land. Arvind Kejriwal clearly recognizes that unless there is a strong anti-corruption law the corrupt cannot be punished. But will severe punishment eliminate corruption? I don't think so.

The God of the Bible does not recommend punishment for corruption. He knows that the human nature is corrupt from the inside. So He wants the corrupt human nature to be changed so that the corruption in the human nature is removed. He removes this by forgiving the human being bound to corruption. That is what the third line of the above stanza refers to.

Arvind Kejriwal's solution to corruption is severe punishment. The solution of the God of the Bible to corruption is repentance first followed by forgiveness.

I believe that the God of the Bible has forgiven all my past, present and even future sins. That gives within me a great peace that is beyond all understanding knowing that the Creator of this Universe loves me and has His best intentions for me as my heavenly Father, the Parampita. His solution is repentence followed by forgiveness and not punishment for the corrupt nature that I inherited in this world.

Update on 3rd February, 2014


Thanks for reading this blog. If you like this blog, please 'like' F J Pandiaraj blogs Facebook page to receive further updates.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Arvind Kejriwal's solution to corruption is not severe punishment. But Justice. Today Justice is in almost all cases denied and in very few cases delayed.
The main objective is not to punish the guilty but to ensure justice to all.
And parampita is often used in Hindu mythology to refer to Brahma (Everyone pita or father) or GOD