Friday, December 3, 2021

Freewriting

 

Freewriting today is about why do I want to author a book.

Right now, I am writing two books though I have only parts of the first book and the second book has no content yet. As I have 3 months of Kindle unlimited access, I am now reading books about writing.

One subject I ran into was Freewriting. I have seen three books that have content about Freewriting. They are Start writing your book today: A step-by-step plan to write your nonfiction book, from first draft to finished manuscript,by[1] Morgan Gist Macdonald, Writing With Power: Techniques for mastering the Writing Process 2nd Edition, by[2] Peter Elbow, and “Accidental Genius: Using Writing to Generate Your Best Ideas, Insight, and Content,” by[3] Mark Levy. From reading the books, I have done 20 minutes of Freewriting slots to input into the system.

So why do I want to author a book?

Myles Munroe inspired me with book writing. His YouTube video[4] got me thinking that even I may have some things to share with others, like a book. The first book I have has the theme of wondering about the creative wonders of God. The world keeps calling mother nature forgetting about Father God. I want to expose to the world the reality of Father God and debunk the so-called mother nature. Earlier I have even written a blog[5] post on this topic. Another blog[6] post is The God I believe in. I want to take these topics and anything that I have already written about God’s existence and make it known to the world.

I do not have any earlier writing experience except for the academic or professional papers that I have written as a part of my career. I learn that writing for a book is a unique skill. Even though Myles Munroe gives more information on how to create books. There are a lot of things I am not familiar with, and I need to learn how to do it. So now I am experimenting with Freewriting, and this is an experimental written matter.

The books I have in mind have “My insight into…” type of subtitle. The first subtitle is “My insight into creation” and the second subtitle is “My insight into the afterlife.” The first is Eternity Past, and the second is Eternity Future. I must cover things from Eternity Past and things about Eternity Future. Since I do not have access to scientific studies, the only access I have is to the Bible, which God-inspired authors wrote over 1600 years. This will help me clarify my understanding of the bible and try to make my understanding available to others.

My focus will have to be from my point of view. I do not have to write about others’ beliefs because what matters to me is my belief and I expect the readers to be interested in what I think about something I believe and not just repeat what others think. I see that as I type, I am making too many spelling mistakes because of trying to write at my maximum speed. After doing all the editing and correction using the tools I have on my PC, I have got to see how good is the matter that I come out with.

In this way, I will write much better after I read all the three books that I have picked up from Kindle unlimited. I also read a book about Scrivener[7] three for windows. I could understand better about scrivener three after I read that book. So, for the next 3 months, I will have many books to read about writing and my subject and try to capture my thought in quick Freewriting sessions and include them in the book in the proper place. This will help me keep putting up content without editing it while I am typing and, in this way, I will get the maximum number of words in writing. It is a different matter of how good the content is and how much of what I will keep and discard other unimportant thoughts that keep coming up as I write. I am sure from session to session I will have multiple thought repeats. When I read the books, I will have to pay special attention to the authors to understand how they used Freewriting.

So, in the beginning, I have one technique. I do not know how many other techniques are waiting for me to discover. If I keep on reading, I am sure I will find much more techniques for my writing.

 

 

Statistics

 

Revision

Created

Changed

Words

Raw

01-12-2021 08:12

01-12-2021 08:36

761

Scrivener corrected

01-12-2021 08:13

01-12-2021 11:45

818

Audio checked

01-12-2021 10:26

01-12-2021 11:45

818

MS Word Professional

01-12-2021 08:14

01-12-2021 11:45

829

Grammarly[8]

01-12-2021 08:14

01-12-2021 11:45

829

ProWritingAid

 

 

 

Grammar & Style

01-12-2021 08:14

01-12-2021 11:45

829

Fiction Style

01-12-2021 11:08

01-12-2021 11:45

790

Final

01-12-2021 11:24

01-12-2021 12:48

763

 

 

ProWritingAid - Where your document may need work.

Sentence Length 18.2 - Reduce to between 11.0 and 18.0 words

Conjunction Starts 10% - Reduce to 9%

Glue Index 50% - Reduce to 40%


No comments: